Arizona APS Duct Test & Repair Rebate Program
The APS Duct Test and Repair Program offers rebates up to $250 per system for APS customers to have Autumn Air a Participating Contractor certified as a “Certified Building Analyst” by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) test and repair air leaks in their heating/cooling duct system.
How can you benefit?
Most homeowners don’t give much thought to their air conditioning duct system, but leaky ductwork can cost you a lot of money and affect your personal comfort and indoor air quality. Autumn Air knows that in Arizona’s desert climate, about 50 percent of your annual energy bill is typically spent on running your heating and cooling system. Repairing duct leaks could save you more than $200 in your annual energy costs while improving the comfort of your home in Arizona.
General indicators of duct leakage:
- Discoloration on the insulation wrapped around the ducts.
- Your home has rooms that are difficult to cool and heat or seem stuffy or dusty.
- During the winter, air coming from your heat pump feels lukewarm or cold.
- The inside of the ducts gets dirty frequently.
Did you know?
Duct leakage also exposes you to potential indoor air quality problems. Leaks in your duct system can draw air from areas of your home containing dust, car fumes, pollen and other contaminants, which end up distributed throughout your home. Autumn Air can help reduce these air quality problems upon performing the test and repairing any found air leaks in your heating and cooling system.
How It Works
- Confirm your eligibility
- Schedule an appointment with an APS Participating Contractor such as Autumn Air. Autumn Air Heating & Cooling can offer the APS Duct Test and Repair rebate You can contact the by calling (623) 455-6988.
- Autumn Air will complete these steps and then help you fill out and send in the rebate application form.
- APS processes your application and a rebate check is mailed to you in 6-8 weeks.
- Then just let the annual energy savings begin!
Autumn Air your Certified Contractor will:
Perform Duct Test
- Test the duct system to determine the amount of air leakage.
- Identify leakage locations in your heating and cooling system.
- Make sure duct connections are securely fastened in their proper locations.
- Provide results of the test and an estimate of repair costs to you.
- Autumn Air will work with you to decide all repair options for leakage found in your heating and cooling system.
Perform Duct Repair
- Repair ductwork in your Arizona home.
- Make sure duct connections are sealed with long-lasting sealant.
- Repair unsealed or poorly fitting grills.
- Retest the duct system for leakage after the repairs and sealing are completed.
Apply for Rebates
- Autumn Air Heating & Cooling will help you fill out the rebate application form — up to $250 per system.
FAQ About the APS Duct Test & Repair Rebate Program
Is Duct Test and Repair the same as duct cleaning?
No. Duct cleaning service cleans the dirt out of the duct system in your home, but does not address how the dirt got into the ducts in the first place (Means there is a duct leak somewhere). Duct leakage is the main reason why ducts get dirty. The APS Duct Test and Repair program offered by Autumn Air is designed to help you get your Arizona home’s duct system tested for leaks and have them fixed the right way. By having Autumn Air (a Participating Contractor) fix the duct leaks you can keep the dirt out of your AZ home while saving energy and money in your wallet.
How can I tell if my home has duct leakage?
It can often be difficult to tell if you have a problem by just looking at your ductwork. In older Arizona homes, there is often metal ductwork that is wrapped in insulation which hides some of the problems. That is why it is important to have a trained technician test your ductwork for leakage.
Here are some indicators of duct leakage:
- The insulation on the ductwork has dark and discolored areas.
- Your Arizona home has a stuffy room that never seems to be comfortable in the summer.
- Your AZ home has a room, or rooms, that are difficult to cool and heat.
- Air coming from your heat pump feels lukewarm or even cold in the winter.
- The inside of the ducts in Arizona get dirty frequently with the amount of dust we have.
Anyone of these things means that you might have a duct leakage problem. Fixing a duct leakage problem will save you money and improve the comfort of your home for years to come.
How do I find a participating contractor?
That’s easy, just call Autumn Air Heating & Cooling and we will take care of the rest.
How much can I save?
It depends on whether your Arizona home has significant duct leakage and where that leakage is located in the heating & cooling system. If you have significant leakage you could save more than $200 in your annual energy costs. Savings will vary from house to house.
The results of a recent APS study on duct leakage found:
- As much as 33 percent of a heating/cooling system’s airflow could be leaking through the ducts, causing a loss of comfort and cooling capacity.
- The impact is most severe in ducts installed in attics where temperatures can exceed 140 degrees in the summer.
- On average, almost 15 percent of cooling energy is wasted due to duct leakage. While there will always be some duct leakage, homes with properly sealed ducts can often have leakage reduced to 3 to 5 percent.
If I am a landlord and own a rental property can the rebate check come directly to me?
Yes. If you are a landlord please be sure to check the landlord box on the rebate form. Autumn Air will walk you through these steps.
What is the best time to get my Arizona home’s duct system checked?
Spring, Fall, and Winter are the best seasons to get your duct system checked mainly due to better BPI Certified Contractor availability. Autumn Air will do whatever it takes to get your home’s duct system checked and repaired in a timely manner. Summer is a high demand season so it can take longer to schedule a contractor. However, if you suspect your AZ home has a significant leakage problem don’t wait to get it checked, call Autumn Air now.
For more information about the APS Duct Test & Repair Rebate Program in Arizona contact Autumn Air Heating and Cooling Today at (623) 455-6988 and let our duct repair specialist test and repair your heating & cooling system and save you money!