HVAC Maintenance In Avondale, Phoenix, Scottsdale, AZ, And Surrounding Areas
Air Conditioner Maintenance
Proper Maintenance Keeps Your Heating and Cooling Systems Running as Efficiently as Possible
We at Autumn Air Heating and Cooling LLC, appreciate the opportunity to serve your air conditioning, heating, and air quality needs. The purpose of a maintenance tune-up is much like the purpose of an oil change in your car. The goal is to keep your machinery running as efficiently as possible, as well as to prolong the life of the equipment. The following is an explanation of what a maintenance tune up on your ac/heating equipment consists of.
- Our technician will check the thermostat to make sure it turns on and off properly.
- Sometimes thermostats can short cycle or run too long causing unnecessarily high electric bills.
- The technician will calibrate your thermostat if necessary.
- The technician will take what we call temperature splits on your unit. That means he will read the temperature of the air going into your unit through the return and the temperature of the air coming out of your vents. The split is determined by subtracting the two. Splits are important in determining how efficient the system is working. Splits that are too high or too low can indicate a problem with the unit. The technician will add up to one pound of Puron (R-410a) if needed.
- We will inspect the ventilation system for proper air flow.
- This includes checking around the air handler and elbow for ductwork that may be leaking air into the attic or outside causing higher utility bills.
- We will check for the build-up of dirt, dust, or mold inside the ductwork.
- Build up of these elements in your ducts can not only irritate health issues but can actually restrict airflow in some situations.
- The technician will inspect the automatic blower assembly.
- To make sure it is functioning properly.
- We will check all electrical components.
- For burning or arcing, especially the contactors or relays. The electrical inspection also includes checking the wiring and taking amperage draws on both the compressor and the run motors. For safety reasons, we will tighten all the connections on the unit.
- The technician will inspect both your evaporative and condensing coils.
- Dirty coils reduce airflow, air quality and greatly increase the strain on your unit and your utility bills.
- We will lubricate all the moving parts.
- Including the fan motor and bearing where applicable.
- We will check the drain line and pan for rust and sludge that may build up.
- This build-up can cause a musty odor and cause water damage when left sitting for a long period of time.
Preventative Maintenance Agreements
At Autumn Air, we have preventative maintenance agreements designed to cover routine maintenance and offer no charge service calls, providing 24-hour emergency home service for heating and cooling, condenser coil cleanings at no charge annually. Ask a technician or call our office staff to inquire about any of our maintenance agreements, we have one guaranteed to fit almost any budget!